Saturday, June 2, 2012

This Morning I Woke Up

And thought, "I am so lucky to be exactly where I am right now."

So often, we human beings take life for granted, not realizing we have done so until something terrible happens to us. I guess it's part of our nature to be a difficult species; we are like teenagers stuck in the rebellious phase, refusing to grow up. I am not perfect. I have done and said things that I regret, gotten caught up in relatively unimportant problems. But I think part of being a "better" person is recognizing your mistakes, or even just your negative feelings, and realizing that it's all part of this experience we should cherish...the bad can only lead us to good.

My first year in college taught me that every moment is special. I wasted so much time wishing I were somewhere else, doing something else, and being with other people that I missed the opportunity to see what was right in front of me. I wasted too much time judging others for their actions instead of seeing the good in them. Although I regret my first year, I don't wish to change it (if that makes sense). If I hadn't had the experience exactly how it happened, I wouldn't have gotten to this point. I would still be that rebellious teenager refusing to own up to anything.
I'm trying to be better about seeing the beauty in all things because I think that it will ultimately make me a better person. And I need to be a better person for all the incredible people in my life. They deserve no less.

So this morning I woke up and decided it will be a good day. I'm spending it with the people I love. And we'll be looking fabulous to boot.
xoxo Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment